Friday, August 17, 2012

Five on Friday


I've been doing Funny Fridays for while now and although I know a few of you bloggy friends enjoy it, sorry to say it's not a big wiener for blog traffic.(Yes, I said wiener. It's just more fun than winner, isn't it?)

I thought I would try something different.  I would show you five cool things/websites/ideas from the web.  You know cool websites/products/ideas that I think are cool every week.  And I will usually also pin them to my boards on Pinterest if they aren't already.

#1 : The Makerie
It's like an art camp/retreat for adults. How cool is that?  It seems to be once a year in Colorado. The website and the pictures make it look awesome.

#2 Engraved Collars

When we get a new dog, this could lessen the amount of jingling we hear.

#3 Un Amore Custom Mixer Designs
 Holy Cow ! These are so awesome. I don't even know what I would get if  I could get anything I want.  I better start thinking. They can do anything.

#4 Really Good Bacon

I've been baking my bacon for a while ( man, that doesn't sound good for some reason)  but it would still burn. But Trish over at Mom on a Timeout  makes it alot better and since following her instructions, no burnt  bacon.  Give it a shot.

#5 Brillant  Earth

 My sister, L, told me about this website and ever since I've been hooked. This company in addition to selling beautiful new jewelry also " recycles antique and estate jewelry (rather than mining new stones and metals)that will just take your breather away.  Everything is so one of a kind.  I would take anything from this section of the website or the rest of the website really. Who am I kidding?

Have a great weekend and happy website looking!


Monday
What is the Gunny Sack -Making the world Cuter -Debbie Doo -DIY Show Off
DIY Shop - Lines Across My Face -I should be mopping the Floor
Great Fun 4 Kids

Tuesday

How to Nest For Less - Tip Junkie - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia -The Kurtz Corner
Sugar Bee - Romance On A Dime - Debbie Does Creations - Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
The Winthrop Chronicles

Wednesday
 Thrifty Home - Someday Crafts - Sew Much Ado
- Junk in Their Trunk  - Southern Lovely 
-SNAP

Thursday

My rePurposed Life - Beyond the Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - Live Laugh Rowe
Loving this Crazy Life - Fireflies and Jellybeans - The Shabby Cottage
The Taylor House- House of Hepworths

Friday
Naptime CraftersStay At Home Nation
Young and CraftyMy Turn(ForUs)
Delicate Construction
Serenity Now
Here Comes the Sun

Saturday


Six Sister's Stuff
Be Different Act Normal
Cheerios and Lattes
Natasha in Oz -Say G'Day


10 comments:

  1. Oh, The Makerie is at Chautauqua! Fabulous place! Not too far from me! The retreat sounds lovely! I'll definitely put it on my calender to attend the Market!

    And I would DIE for a Kitchenaid with the UT Longhorn logo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. That's neat that you are so close to it. and Good call on the team spirit mixer design.

      Delete
  2. I LIKE THE JINGLE SOUND THEN I KNOW WHERE THEY HAVE RAN OFF TOO LOL BUT THE ENGRAVING WOULD STILL BE GOOD FOR WHEN THOSE TAGS GET LOSTS. LOVE THE REFERRAL SITES TO CHECK OUT THANKS HAPPY WEEKEND TOO YA ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice- Good point on the jingling but sometimes I just can't take it. Depends on the day. I hope you find something cool out of them.

      Delete
  3. Found you through the blog hop and newest follower! I used to always burn my bacon (and be burnt by it). We switched to cooking it in a stoneware dish by microwave. It's comes out great every time!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome, Krista. I do have a stoneware too. Those things re lifesavers for many reasons.

      Delete
  4. I love the engraved collars, I need to do that for my dog!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will for the next dog we get. The jingling drives me batty.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you be back this week with more great stuff!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me, Mackenzie! I'll be there.

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...