Monday, June 18, 2012

Wall-E Party

( From my pre-blog days when I should have documented more.Wall-E parties are just hard to come by. Please only use printables for personal use. They took a while to make and I want to share them.)



K,our oldest daughter,  two years ago (2010)  decided she wanted a Wall-E party . I was a little disappointed. I wanted to do something cute and girly and pink and fluffy. But she loved Wall-E ..like watched it everyday kinda love. There is nothing girly about Wall-E. I decided to go the primary color route. It seems to be a theme with most of my parties so far.

Wall-E, for those that don't know is this adorable little robot  that Disney/Pixar made a movie out of.  I went  to to Amazon where you can seem to find any kind of obscure party supply known to man and bought balloons, plates, napkins and a table cover. I was lucky enough to buy the cake toppers from Walmart ( before they stopped selling them directly to customers. I know...total bummer) I think all in all I spent $30 in supplies. Normally I like cheaper but it was alright.




I took a bunch of clipart ( see images above) I found online and made a few e-cards that I emailed to family and friends. Otherwise I would have probably printed them out at Walgreens again like I did with Caillou.

Click to download

Click to download


 I always like having something on the mantle when we have any parties upstairs ( all parties are downstairs now) I went on the computer and downloaded some images of wall-e and eve online and made a banner using Photoshop. Then I used my handy dandy paper slicer and cut them myself and taped them together not glamorous but  I though it looked cute all the same. I really need a Silhouette or a Cameo. It would make life alot easier.


The  smaller squares are around 3"x 3" and the larger squares that made up her name are 5"x5". The font is Futurama Bold.





I made a plain old 9"x13" cake and decorated it in the primary colors again. K didn't care because she doesn't like cake. She had birthday Pringles. Everyone got a kick out of that. She still doesn't like cake but she will sometimes eat plain vanilla ice cream.




She loved it at the time and sadly two months after that when S was born she just lost interest in Wall-E and it was on to Mickey Mouse....





Monday
What is the Gunny Sack -Making the world Cuter -Debbie Doo -DIY How Off
DIY Shop - Lines Across My Face -I should be mopping the Floor
Great Fun 4 Kids

Tuesday

How to Nest For Less - Tip Junkie - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia -The Kurtz Corner
Sugar Bee - Romance On A Dime - Chronic Christian Crafter - Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
The Winthrop Chronicles


Wednesday
Oopsey Daisy - Thrifty Home - Someday Crafts - Sew Much Ado
- Junk in Their Trunk  - Southern Lovely


Thursday

My rePurposed Life - Beyond the Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - Live Laugh Rowe
Loving this Crazy Life -Scrappy Crafty Happy - Fireflies and Jellybeans - The Shabby Cottage
Quality Cheap Home  - The Taylor House
House of Hepworths

Friday

Naptime CraftersStay At Home Nation
Young and CraftyMy Turn(ForUs)
Delicate Construction
Serenity Now
Family Ever After

Saturday



Six Sister's Stuff
Be Different Act Normal


Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things


Other Fun Blogs

25 comments:

  1. Wall-E is a fan favorite around here! Thanks for the great ideas! I can't tell you how much I spend on party supplies. It's great to know that there are DYI options available. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There totally are DIY options that are cute and won't break the bank.

      Delete
  2. What great ideas. My youngest loves Wall-E

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, I love Wall-E! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop…I would love if you would come say hello :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! What a fun time. thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome! My son loves wall e and eva! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the invitations. What a fun theme for a party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Jodi. He was her favorite that year.

      Delete
  7. I have no little ones at home but I just love Wall-E:) Maybe I should just throw a party for my Fellow and I using your too cute printables! Do you think our grown up children would think we were losing it?? Lol We just will not tell nor invite them: hehehe Thanks for sharing this at Freedom Fridays. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure...why not? And yes, they might think you lost it but I don't think that would bother you any, am I right? Thanks for having me and the feature again. I'm still working on my Sunshine award post. I'll get there.

      Delete
  8. Great job on the invitations. Wall-E would be a fun theme, but I understand why you would want something more girly.

    Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy. I think slowly but surely we're getting into the girly stuff. See you next week or before.

      Delete
  9. Love that the party is *not your usual*
    I'd love you to link this up to my party linky as well... so people looking for parties can find these great ideas - awesome job!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. MY girls always find the hard ones. Thanks for inviting me. I linked up a week or so ago.

      Delete
  10. So original! Love it. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie and thanks for the shout out on Facebook.

      Delete
  11. What a darling party!! Looks so fun. We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute party! So many fun ideas! :) Thanks for sharing on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes last weekend! We love having you join us and hope to see you again this weekend! See you soon!
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great party and great printables too! I love this! I've just shared it on Google+

    Thanks so much for sharing this post at my Say G'day linky party! This week's linky is now live and I am very excited to invite you to a Social media linky party that I will be hosting on July 14. The details are all at the blog if you would like to join in.

    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha. I'll be there in July. I google+'d it and put it on my calender so I wouldn't forget.

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...