Wednesday, May 23, 2012

K's Family Poster

At K's preschool , they have a fun thing called " Family of the Month". Each student gets to bring in a poster and talk about their family.  They spotlight  2-3 kids a month so everyone got a chance.  I had seen all the other cute posters the other families had made and they were awesome. All kinds of stickers, printouts and scrapbook supplies were used.

But me being me, I wanted to do something different so I thought..." they are studying their letters in school so why not make a giant letter k?"  It should be easy since K is a mostly straight letter.  I picked out a bunch  of  pictures of our family and other important people to us and K.  Then I took it all into Photoshop to mock it up to see how many picture I would really need and what direction they were going. ( I know,  a little over kill  but that's how I roll when i get something in my head)
Photoshop version above
So there is the mock up and you can see where the actual K is behind the pictures giving me a guide on how many and how I needed to cut them.

And here is what it looked like done. We wrote next to each picture explaining who it was and then K wrote her name and family at the bottom. ( see... it wasn't me with to much caffeine trying to write)


As we brought it in, the kids were pointing at it and saying " k" so it did what i wanted it to do. I'm sure you could to this with any letter, you'd just have to be creative with some of the more curvy ones.

Here are some close ups. I really didn't change much from the mock up.



Now it has a proud place on her bedroom door. And I'm sure we won't get to take it down for a long time.

11 comments:

  1. That looks fun and what a great way for the kids to be able to share a bit about themselves with their class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling idea!! found you via the blog hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love that it's hanging on her bedroom door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. She loves hanging stuff on her bedroom door even more so than the refrigerator.

      Delete
  4. It turned out so cute! Way to go on having it do double duty by being educational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mallory. You know us mommies...sneaking in that learning stuff.

      Delete
  5. Cute!!! I've seen similar ones but I like that it's all about the little one in the shape of their first name's letter.

    As for the paint and my hubby... I just do it. He's said plenty of times that he doesn't really care what I do inside the house. His area is outside the house (and I have plenty of say in that too!) and as long as he can sit down comfortably and sleep at night, he's fine. He did help me pick out the new sectional we bought a few months ago but other than that, he's relaxed about everything. I asked him once if I could paint the hallway black just for fun and he said "sure, but I know you won't do it" ... I almost did but I knew it would be way too much for me. It'd be cool though. I always paint when he's gone too... the bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinets both went black when he was gone on vacation, the rooms are always painted when he's at work, and so was this one. Do it! Go for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I told my hubby about your paint and your before pictures. I need to show it to him ( when he's not falling asleep next to me on the computer) I was thinking my office or the laundry room because, why not?

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...