Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Wedding Edition

In my blog travels yesterday,  I found this great site, Absolute Mommy ,and she had a  link up called WIW: Wedding.

In blogging,What I Wore is a cool blog post that just shows off what you were wearing on any particular day.  Normally for me...it's not that exciting or at all stylish....jeans,short sleeve shirt of some kind, and flip flops.   Megan, because it was her anniversary, decided to do her wedding day and invited any and all  to do the same.

I can't remember the name of the maker of my dress only that I finally found it after looking at  6 different dress shops. I drove my family and friends crazy with all of the looking. It was around $800. I had to have lace and I wanted something flow-ey but classic and  I had to have a train.


I had to have my pictures taken with my Charlie before the ceremony. And not be left out, Louie was there too.

Isn't he cute too?
There we are... all married and stuff. Will you look at all of the cameras to the left? Craziness. We were married at the Missouri Botanical Gardens in the Japanese Garden. Very Pretty and someplace we can visit anytime we want. Bonus.



You can see the lace better on this shot. There were also tiny beads for a hint of sparkle. I loved these flowers. So awesome.


The veil was made by my mom. It was full length and awesome-ly simple,attached by just a simple clip.


I wish I still looked this good everyday after taking care of two kids.
A co-worker of mine at the time, Bridget, made the jewelry for me from Swarovski crystals and pearls. She had gotten married a few months before me and I loved what she was wearing. I just wanted something simple but sparkly.( do you see a theme here?)

I even dressed up the clay people that I made for the top of the cake.




Writing this post really makes me want to get my dress out and wear it around the house. I've never felt more pretty than I did that day. It is a shame that we don't get to wear it again. And I still really like my dress. I don't think it looks dated ....yet and maybe I never will. Maybe one of my girls will want to wear it or tweak it a little and then wear it. Even if they don't.... it will always be special to me.

12 comments:

  1. What an amazingly beautiful bride you were and I am so glad I got to be part of your special day!!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. I'm glad you were there too.

      Delete
  2. You both look so beautiful and it looks like you had a beautiful wedding day too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Sarah. We did. I wish could have more weddings just to celebrate but those are so dang expensive.

      Delete
  3. Wasn't it a Maggie Sottero? Don't ask me why I remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally found it. It was a Jasmine gown. I think the Maggie was the one I almost got.

      Delete
  4. The picture with the dogs is adorable. I wish I had a picture with my pup on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Aww.. You can always recreate..instead of trash the dress session a dog with the dress session

      Delete
  5. You were a beautiful bride. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a gorgeous dress!!

    (I'm visiting from the SITS Spring Fling)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...