Wednesday, August 22, 2012
15 things I hope my girls remember me saying
When I am talking to my girls, I often hope that I'm saying the right things. The things they will remember, the things that will make them stronger, the things that make them feel not alone...and if I say them enough be ingrained into their little brains for life. Even if they don't realize it . There is still a bunch of things that I can hear my mom saying in my head all the time so I figure it must work :)
1. You are the best you that ever was. God doesn't make mistakes.
2. You can be anything you want. I mean it , anything. (OK maybe there are a few nos in there but that's another post)
3. You can tell me anything. I won't judge you or yell at you. Just be honest with me.
4. You can ask me anything. I'll tell you the truth ( to a point)
5. Dress how you want, draw what you want, read what you want, be who you were meant to be. Not somebody else. Don't change for anyone.
6. You is smart. You is good. You is important.( yes, I know...it's from " The Help" but it's still good to tell them)
7. Wait to kiss the boys, it will be worth it. They don't kiss good for a long time.
8. Just because he says he loves you, doesn't mean you have to do anything you don't want to.
9. I'm always on your side ( unless you are hurting yourself then I will stop you)
10. You will have a lot of friends in your life. Some will stay. Some will go. And some might even come back. They all don't have to last forever but you hope they do.
11. Only be with a guy that loves you even when things aren't perfect because life never is.
12. Watch how anyone treats their pets, that's how they'll treat you.
13. You can be nice but don't let people take advantage of you. Stand up for yourself.
14. You two(k&s) should always look out for each other. She will be your best friend some day.
15. I'll always love you no matter what. Even if I'm mad at you, I still love you.And even if you are mad at me, I'll still love you.
What bits of wisdom are you trying to ingrain into your kids' heads?
What is the Gunny Sack -Making the world Cuter -Debbie Doo -DIY Show Off
DIY Shop - Lines Across My Face -I should be mopping the Floor
Great Fun 4 Kids
How to Nest For Less - Tip Junkie - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia -The Kurtz Corner
Sugar Bee - Romance On A Dime - Debbie Does Creations - Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
The Winthrop Chronicles
Thrifty Home - Someday Crafts - Sew Much Ado
- Junk in Their Trunk - Southern Lovely -SNAP
Beyond the Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - Live Laugh Rowe
Loving this Crazy Life - The Shabby Cottage
The Taylor House- House of Hepworths
Two In Diapers-Mommy Brain Mixer
Naptime Crafters - Stay At Home Nation
Young and Crafty - My Turn(ForUs)
Here Comes the Sun
Six Sister's Stuff
Cheerios and Lattes
Natasha in Oz -Say G'Day