Monday, August 6, 2012

Cute Cloud Felt Case



I entered the world of smart phones for the first time a few weeks ago. I know, I know...craziness. But for a while, I couldn't justify the costs. Now with my blog, kids, and crazy schedules....it's nice to have around.



I bought a Samsung Galaxy 2. And let me tell you, compared to IPhones, there is a sever lack of cute cases for my phone.  I came home and jumped on Amazon and found a cute one and ordered it but it was going to take a week. I didn't want anything to happen to my phone.

I happened to have some of the felt laying around from the  USA projects so literally wrapped up my phone in  piece of felt and put it in my purse  because ..well... it was brand new and I didn't want to mess it up. My husband was thoroughly embarrassed by my wrapped phone.  I also have some new sunglasses and a point and shoot camera that roll around my purse sometimes. So I wanted to make a little case that could hold one of them when ever I need to.



As you know I have a thing lately for felt and embroidery, so I brought them together . I sketched out a  little design with some clouds. I have to sketch most things out first on paper still. It's just how I roll. And who doesn't like cute, white, fluffy clouds?  Ok , I'm sure some people but I  like them.

I folded the felt and cut it in half. Then I got out my handy dandy sewing machine, and decided that , hey, I'd try the zig zag stitch today. Why not? It looks kinds fun.  I measured about an  inch  around the phone and then trimmed the  felt again. Then I started sewing.....


...at the right top, went down to the corner, stopped the machine, turned the felt to go across the bottom, and then turned it again to go up the left side.


It was not without it share of oops.. I had to start over a few times.



And then I cut the top for a flap and then realized  I wanted the stitch to go all the way around.....Started sewing that  and realized I needed it to be double thickness or it wouldn't hold up through the sewing machine......So I grabbed another piece and sewing it on top of that. Yikes. what a mess.


Ok...cut it and then realized...shouldn't have cut it

 Sewed new piece back on

Now you have learned through my mistakes, don't cut it until you are sure what you are doing. On to the cute part...

I cut out  the little white clouds and arranged them on the front and back of the case until I liked the arrangement.


Then I started to embroider them on with some blue thread. So cute.


 Then when that was done, I needed to be able to close it. I grabbed some velcro we had for a project in S's room, cut and stuck it on. Not super cute but easy.



There I have my new phone or sunglasses or camera case. And it has clouds on it.  Cute and Happy.  What kind of cute would you put on your case?



Monday
What is the Gunny Sack -Making the world Cuter -Debbie Doo -DIY How Off
DIY Shop - Lines Across My Face -I should be mopping the Floor
Great Fun 4 Kids

Tuesday

How to Nest For Less - Tip Junkie - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia -The Kurtz Corner
Sugar Bee - Romance On A Dime - Debbie Does Creations - Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
The Winthrop Chronicles


Wednesday
 Thrifty Home - Someday Crafts - Sew Much Ado
- Junk in Their Trunk  - Southern Lovely 
-SNAP

Thursday

My rePurposed Life - Beyond the Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - Live Laugh Rowe
Loving this Crazy Life - Fireflies and Jellybeans - The Shabby Cottage
The Taylor House- House of Hepworths

Friday
Naptime CraftersStay At Home Nation
Young and CraftyMy Turn(ForUs)
Delicate Construction
Serenity Now
Here Comes the Sun

Saturday

Six Sister's Stuff
Be Different Act Normal
Cheerios and Lattes
Natasha in Oz -Say G'Day


27 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute Emily!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! I love clouds so this would be perfect for me! I'll let you know if I make one...I sure would like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy. You had some good finds at that flea market.

      Delete
  4. Emily, this is so cute! I love this. Fun, whimsical, and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I must say... name alone.. your blog is a new favorite of mine :o) (I'm also Emily!) Just wanted to invite you to join my Tasteful Tuesday Party. I have been hosting a recipe party (pretty successfully!!!) for over a year now, and this week we are opening up for crafts, DIY and home decor. Hope you can come by and check it out! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/08/fresh-pesto-pasta-salad-and-tasteful.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily. We do have the best name ever. :) I'll come check it out.

      Delete
  6. That is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This case is so cute! Way better than any ol' store bought case :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Kristina. Great to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...