Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Don't poop on your own parade!

Yes..... I said this to my sister.

She had gotten some really great news and was super excited bbbuuuttttt she was about to tell someone that no matter how well meaning was going to bring her down from a well deserved high.  I told her " L, Don't poop on your own parade!"

We all need those happy days. The days when it seems like everything is going right and nothing can stop you now.  (Cue hokey soundtrack now.)There are so many days that are not exciting, joyful,all about hope and happiness that when you have one...for god sakes..... don't tell anyone who is going to poop all over  it!

So maybe keep it to yourself until the awesome high is fading, then brace yourself, and tell that person. Knowing full well , they are not going to share your joy.  Just smile and hold that happiness inside while they try to strip it away ( not knowing, of course)

However, that negative voice can even be yourself. I read somewhere once that if we though of that mean voice as an actual person, we wouldn't let them talk to us like that.  I try to remember that when I get down on myself but  life happens and sometimes that negative voice wins.

Either way ladies....Just don't poop on your own parade!! 

This has been another Entirely Emily P.S.A.


Monday
What is the Gunny Sack -Making the world Cuter -Debbie Doo -DIY Show Off
DIY Shop - Lines Across My Face -I should be mopping the Floor
Great Fun 4 Kids

Tuesday

How to Nest For Less - Tip Junkie - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia -The Kurtz Corner
Sugar Bee - Romance On A Dime - Debbie Does Creations - Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
The Winthrop Chronicles

Wednesday
 Thrifty Home - Someday Crafts - Sew Much Ado
- Junk in Their Trunk  - Southern Lovely 
-SNAP

Thursday

 Beyond the Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - Live Laugh Rowe
Loving this Crazy Life - The Shabby Cottage
The Taylor House- House of Hepworths 
Two In Diapers-Mommy Brain Mixer


Friday
Naptime CraftersStay At Home Nation
Young and CraftyMy Turn(ForUs)
Delicate Construction
Serenity Now
Here Comes the Sun

Saturday


Six Sister's Stuff

Cheerios and Lattes
Natasha in Oz -Say G'Day

9 comments:

  1. Love this! And it rings true. My parade has been pooped on before:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't cha hate that! Just wash it off and keep going.

      Delete
  2. It's so true, but you can't please everyone, enjoy the highs and ride the lows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to remind myself that every day , Mel. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

      Delete
  3. You're funny, but it's true that we can be negative about anything and shouldn't be. the Bible tells us to think about whatever is good...and there's always something good no matter how bad everything is going. Glad I happened on your blog. Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. I try to remember that but it's easier said than done for me sometimes.

      Delete
  4. You make me laugh but it's so true! I'm guilty of pooping on my own parade every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Fun post. So, now I'm passing on the Laine Award to you! The details for accepting are on my blog 'Across The Pond'! Congratulations, I really hope you can accept (don't poop on my parade;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josie. I do accept . It's taking me a bit to get back to you. I definitely don't want to be a pooper.

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...