Monday, August 20, 2012

Linky Party Organizer ( Printable and Downloadable)



Long Long ago..... you know, March or April of this year, I started really participating in linky parties.  I had linked up to some before attending Bloggy Boot Camp-Saint Louis.  After being there and meeting some great ladies and hearing all of the advice,  I really ramped up my involvement.  So involved that I didn't know which projects had been shared with which linky parties. Oops!

I decided to make a Excel spreadsheet with the days of the week, linky parties I participated in, and  which projects I shared.  I've been using this form ever since.  It didn't dawn on me until talking to a friend, that not everybody knows how to use Excel or make spreadsheets. So I thought I would share mine with you. I'm by no means an expert. But I can be quite dangerous looking up how to do things on Google.


                                                       Click  here to download

It's not super fancy or cute but it works and helps me remember ( you know that mommy brain) what I linked up and who I linked up with. I type in the name of  the post I am linking up in the column with the date on it.  If for some reason I didn't link up that week, people don't have the party that week, it's not up  in the morning, or I'm sick... I will type an x in the space. See in the green circle,vacation.



I've already set up the dates for you on  the top to be every seven days depending on the day of the week. And the far right column that has the linky party names is frozen so you can move the dates over and not have to scroll off the page. Try it. It's fun. (1) To unfreeze it go up to View, Freeze Panes, Un Freeze Panes. (2) Easy as that.


 Your tabs will be on the bottom for the different days. (3) I left  the linky parties that I  like and link up to in there. You should check them out. They are all great ladies who throw great parties. If you don't need any more parties, then you can  start fresh and type in your own over mine.(1) I don't have any on Sundays right now. It's just too busy for me.

I've also made a more user friendly option for those that want to print something out and put it in a binder, which I may do myself...someday. You know, when I start on that to-do list.

 There is a vertical list and a horizontal list. I will say that the horizontal list gives you way more space for linky parties and columns to type in.  These were all done in Excel. I can always figure out how to make them into blank forms if people want. Or PDFs.  I'm still learning this printable thing.


                                                              Vertical - Horizontal

I couldn't figure out how to make the border go all the way around. So if you know, let me know, and  I'll fix it for everyone else.   I hope this can help someone else stay as organized as it has helped me.

On a side note- it took all day ( in between mommy stuff)  to figure out how to get this to you guys.  I normally use Google Docs for my downloadable stuff but it took my Excel file and did wonky things with them. So this time I am using Drop Box.  You get 2.5 GB free. That's a pretty good amount.

Again, if something isn't working , let me know. I want help you, not confuse or frustrate you. :)

Monday
What is the Gunny Sack -Making the world Cuter -Debbie Doo -DIY Show Off
DIY Shop - Lines Across My Face -I should be mopping the Floor
Great Fun 4 Kids

Tuesday

How to Nest For Less - Tip Junkie - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia -The Kurtz Corner
Sugar Bee - Romance On A Dime - Debbie Does Creations - Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
The Winthrop Chronicles

Wednesday
 Thrifty Home - Someday Crafts - Sew Much Ado
- Junk in Their Trunk  - Southern Lovely 
-SNAP

Thursday

 Beyond the Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - Live Laugh Rowe
Loving this Crazy Life - The Shabby Cottage
The Taylor House- House of Hepworths 
Two In Diapers-Mommy Brain Mixer


Friday
Naptime CraftersStay At Home Nation
Young and CraftyMy Turn(ForUs)
Delicate Construction
Serenity Now
Here Comes the Sun

Saturday


Six Sister's Stuff
Cheerios and Lattes
Natasha in Oz -Say G'Day

47 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I call organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but I need it with these two cute little monster over here driving me batty most days.

      Delete
  3. Hey Emily, this is great I would love for you to come and share it Friday on I Freakin did it Fridays @ www.missinformationblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Emily! You are incredibly organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina. I try but with two little ones. It helps me feel more in control ( i know, you can laugh now)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Well..that's a system too! Whatever works for you, works. you know? And btw, you should go all postal on the galat the baseball game. No body touches my kid either.

      Delete
  6. Great organizing idea, thank you for sharing it! Thank you for stopping by Inspirations by D, I enjoyed having you over. Hope you'll stop by for the next craft post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excel and Word are my thing. So, ya' know, if you have a question feel free to send it my way! It's what I do for a living. Seriously, sadly (maybe) it's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm so there. Be careful what you wish for. ;)

      Delete
  8. This is a great way to keep track. I'm still working on a system. Thanks for sharing at Take it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy. I hope you find the system that works for you. Gosh knows I just couldn't remember it all in my head anymore.

      Delete
  9. How slick is this!?! Thanks for sharing...it looks like a great way to keep track {I should seriously be using this!}.
    I hope you're having a good week.
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should ! Just kidding... but you can if you want. Any questions just ask me.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Our mommy brains need all the help they can get, don't they?

      Delete
  11. Thanks for this! I have mommy brain, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and if all of us mommy brains get together imagine what we could do with our combined brains :)

      Delete
  12. I've been wondering how to get organized with linky parties! This is very timely, as I've just recently started doing link parties. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I hope it can come in handy for you. I wish I would have had it sooner.

      Delete
  13. oh great idea! I'd love for you to share this at my link party that's on THURSDAYS and link up any of your other brilliant ideas :D http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/08/pin-inspiration-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so awesome! ♥ Thank you for being so unorganized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Emily you are one busy blogger!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda yeah. I think I need to pare down a little. Maybe like 5 a day or less. I'll probably switch things around soon.

      Delete
  16. Thanks, Chris. I hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you are ORGANIZED. I love this linky idea though. Thanks so much for sharing on Show & Tell at SNAP!

    xoxo, Tauni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tauni. I hope someone can use it and it helps them out.

      Delete
  18. As a very new blogger, this is fantastic, I feel like I'm all over the shop with parties. Another issue is being in a different country, some parties are on your Wednesday but our Tuesday, and ect. I can tailor this so they reflect our time and I know what day I'm on, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it helps you out, Mel. I never thought about that whole time change/country thing. Man, that would be confusing.

      Delete
  19. Great idea! I never know what link party I've posted what post to. I'm a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle. I didn't either in the beginning. It was to much for me to handle. I'm pretty organized so that kinda stuff drove me batty.

      Delete
  20. This is a great idea!
    I've downloaded your file, is just simpler than doing one all by myself!
    I've started following you on GFC, come to my new web-home, if you like :)
    MammaNene from

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, mammanene. I'm glad it saved you some time.

      Delete
  21. Emily,

    Thank you so much for these downloads. I love the horizontal one. I am just beginning to participate in linky parties and was getting overwhelmed at trying to stay organized. This is perfect!

    Thanks,
    Raki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that it can help you. I have scaled back on how many I do, but I still need this to remember.

      Delete
  22. Thank you so much! This was great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Emily for your hard work in putting this together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love responding to them. Please make sure you have your setting so that you see my reply. I always reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...